Please be advised of an important update to CESA’s Small Remitters Policy effective March 1st, 2016. The policy is available for review here.
The amendments introduced in the revised Policy provide greater flexibility to small remitters by introducing a higher cut-off criteria as well as an annual reporting option.
Changes to the Policy include:
- The eligibility threshold for quarterly remitter status is increased from $10,000 to $20,000. Members whose annual remittance is less than $20,000 may be eligible to be moved to quarterly remitter status.
- The policy introduces a new annual remitter status for members remitting less than $1,000 per year. Members whose annual remittance is less than $1,000 may be eligible to be moved to annual remitter status.
As before, CESA members must meet all of the following criteria in order to be eligible to remit on a quarterly or annual basis:
- Annual remittances must be less than the prescribed amount in the prior 12 month reporting period;
- All reports and remittances in the prior 12 month period must have been completed and submitted on time (by the 30th of the month following the reporting period); and
- The Member must have never filed for bankruptcy or creditor protection.
Should you have any questions concerning the Policy or your eligibility to become a small remitter, please contact us by email at email@example.com or call 1-866-670-2372.